Canon PowerShot A3100 IS
Teardown of the Canon PowerShot A3100 IS point-and-shoot camera.
12.1 MP, 1/2.3" CCD sensor, optical image stabilizer. Released in January 2010. PCB date code is 3rd week of 2010.
The teardown subject was dead, with missing battery, and won't power on when 3.7V is applied to the battery terminals.
Technical details, including firmware dumps, on the CHDK Wiki.
No service manual found.
The parts are grouped based on (guessed) functional blocks.
Canon DIGIC III
- Main SoC
- Marking CK4-1127 E142C2 Z55
Samsung K8P6415UQB 4Mx16 NOR Flash Memory, 16 MB
Elpida D51321DBH-6ETS-F 16Mx32 DDR333 Mobile RAM, 64 MB
351-9K3 8-pin package RTC? (near 32k crystal)
Analog Devices DI9004 (also found in Sanyo VPC-S1415)
- Marking: BBCZ #1008 1808576.1
- CCD frontend w/ ADC and likely also timing generator
Sanyo LA74310LP Audio Interface and Video Driver
- Marking A74310 0PX0
Renesas R2J30507 01110B optical image stabilization driver
- Similar IC in Sony W120, Canon PowerShot G9
2x Murata ENC-03 series, angular rate sensors (SE501/SE502)
- Probably 1x ENC-03RC-R and 1x ENC-03RD-R
- Similar to Sony W120, Canon PowerShot G9
Maxim 8680CE TL005 7 Channel DC-DC Power Management IC
TI TPS65560 Flash charger and IGBT driver
- Chip marking: BPR TI 01 A2DI
- Also in Sony W55 and W120
Renesas RJP4002ASA IGBT
Unpopulated connector located on back of board
- Candidate for JTAG and debug UART
- Pin-out likely same as documented here.
TX - _ RX GND - _ 3.3V SHDN - _ N/C N/C - _ HALF_BAUD PD - _ ALT_BOOT PD - _ /TRST TDI - _ TMS TCK - _ TDO /OFF