Have questions? Head over to the Forum!
Project Goals[edit source]
Capture the goals of the reverse engineering effort of the LMS6 here. Having some goals might provide some guidance to the WIKI page.
- Understand how it works
- Repurpose TX/Shift to 70 CM
- Understand the complete LMS6 data format (location, speed, altitude are currently known)
Relative Humidity Circuit[edit source]
The article currently says use duct tape to connect the two sides of the Radiosonde for another balloon flight. At cold temperatures duct tape will harden reducing its ability to adhere. The website thistothat.com recommends a few options for adhesives.
- The least toxic
- 1 to 4 hours to adhere
- LePage's Press-Tite Green Contact Cement
- More toxic than Weldbond
- 40 min to 12 hours to adhere
- Easy to cut through
- Seems to be available in Canada but I have not found a US supply.
- 3M 77
- Most toxic option
- 2-5 min to adhere
- Available in the US
Alternative reassembly closures[edit source]
I think glues and cements will prove to be equally unfriendly to continued reuse of the payload. Perhaps use two to three extra-long zip ties around the payload, or twine?